I love soft and chewy double chocolate cookies, they are super simple to make as well.
Ruby Chocolate is available in our store, to buy in small bags, handy for home baking and snacking.
You’ll need (makes 12):
50g unsalted butter
250g chocolate, roughly chopped
200g ruby chocolate
170g brown sugar – any will do
85g plain flour
½ tsp of vanilla essence
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5 and line wo baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
3. Put butter and half of the chocolate into a bowl and set on the pan of simmering water. Melt until it’s lovely and smooth.
4. Put the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence into a separate bowl, mixing together.
5. Pour the melted chocolate mix into the egg mix and mix at low speed.
6. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into the mix and combine.
7. Add the ruby chocolate as chunks.
8. Scoop 10 large tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the trays, leaving enough space between each to allow for spreading. Bake for 10 minutes. They should be firm on the edges but soft in the middle.